Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Rushing around Jaipur

After visiting forts in the hills around Jaipur, we hit up some more of the tourist destinations and beautiful sights.

Jaipur looks peaceful from above, but don't be deceived. Below lies a city of over 3.9 million people.
From K - India I


Jal Mahal, the Water Palace. Managed to catch this photo right before a rainstorm. They don't call it "monsoon season" for nothing.
From K - India I


Next, we visited the Jaipur Observatory, also called Jantar Mantar. It's a collection of architectural astronomical instruments, built in the 18th century. The various devices can be used to measure time, determine celestial altitudes, and track the movement of stars and planets.

From K - India I


From K - India I


From K - India I


From K - India I


From K - India I


We also made a sunset visit to a popular Hindu temple, the Lakshmi-Narayan Temple:
From K - India I


We entered the temple and walked with the Hindu practitioners clockwise around the temple. After you make a full circle, you receive an offering of some small sugar balls.

From K - India I


The day was packed but we enjoyed all the sights and it ended on a peaceful note

From K - India I



From K - India I

No comments:

Post a Comment