Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Late Summer Vegetable Frittata

This was my first experience cooking a frittata. For some reason, I thought frittatas were tricky, like a souffle. I couldn't have been more wrong. This is one quick and easy dish, and it's really easy to heat up a leftover slice the next day. Definitely a good dish to prepare in anticipation of a busy schedule.

I started with some extra vegetables I had on hand.
Saute a large white onion with some bell peppers and a couple of mushrooms until the onions are caramelized.

 


Next I added some yellow squash, zucchini, sea salt, and pepper.
 


To make a smaller frittata, I used 5 eggs plus one egg white, beaten with some low-fat milk (2 Tbsp?).

 


After adding the egg mixture to the veggies and cooking over medium heat on the stove for a few minutes, I added some fresh basil and put the frittata under the broiler for about 3 minutes.

 
Posted by Picasa


One protein-packed, easy meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment