Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Journey to Agra

Finally, after watching the sun set at the temple and taking some pictures of the Albert Hall museum illuminated at night, we did some shopping and capped off the evening by getting henna tattoos.

From K - India I


From K - India I


Many Indian women have these intricate designs on their hands and feet. The henna artists are so skilled that they can sit down and freehand draw the designs in just a couple minutes. We found henna artists on the sidewalk in Jaipur and paid 100 rupees (about $2) for each hand.

From K - India I

From K - India I

The tattoos are temporary, lasting about a week.
The next morning, we admired the view outside our hotel, before setting off for the 6-hour drive to Agra, our next stop on the “Golden Triangle” route.

From K - India I

No comments:

Post a Comment